UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found

1. Published on: 11/11/2019 03:02 PMReported by: roving-eye
    From Monday 11 November changes to parking charges at Southport and Ormskirk hospitals came into force.

Parking is limited at both hospitals. Please use alternative methods of transport where possible. We have added extra spaces at Southport hospital but the car park remains very busy at peak periods. Please allow time to park when coming for your appointment.

Please note parking charges rise at both our hospitals from 11 November 2019.

Take a ticket when you arrive

You will be issued with a ticket on entering a car park which should be used to pay when you are ready to leave. Payments machines are available near the reception of both hospitals; opposite the duck pond car park, in the Spinal Unit and at the back of Southport hospital; and in the car park next to Wigan Road at Ormskirk hospital.

The ticket payment machines are cash only. However, there are change machines at the main entrances to both hospitals which take bank cards.

No payment is due for entering a barriered area for less than 20 minutes. Simply insert your ticket into the machine at the exit barrier and leave.

At Southport car parks are situated along a one-way system around the main hospital building. At Ormskirk hospital there are two main car parks: one opposite the main hospital building and a second next to Wigan Road accessed using the road to Children’s A&E.

Patient transport. At Southport, the patient transport reception centre is open from 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday). It faces the public telephones at reception. At Ormskirk, transport will be booked by staff at your clinic. If you need further help, either ask at the clinic or call extension 4311 from the main hospital reception.
    Wheelchairs. Wheelchairs are available in the hospital. You may, however, find it more convenient to bring your own.

Blue badge parking

There is paid car parking available at both our hospital sites with Blue Badge holder spaces near the main entrances. You must display your badge.

Scale of charges

0 to 20 minutes Free
    20 minutes to 1 hour £3
    1 to 2 hours £3.50
    2 to 3 hours £4
    3 to 4 hours £4.50
    4 to 6 hours £5.50
    More than 6 hours £6.50

Discounts for frequent visitors

We offer passes to frequent visitors which give unlimited visits and may be renewed as many times as needed. They are:

• A £20 for a seven-day pass
    • A £50 for a three-month pass

A refundable £10 deposit is required for each. Apply at the General Office at either site on Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm or out of hours via the vending machines for weekly passes on each site.

Help with your travel costs

You can claim help with travel costs to hospital if you or your partner (including civil partner) receive any of the following benefits:

• Income Support
    • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
    • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
    • Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
    • You receive Universal Credit and meet the criteria

To make a claim for parking, you must fill in a patient claim form available from the clinic where you attended your appointment. Please take this form, plus proof of your benefit to the general/cash office.

Claims should be made at the General Office. If it is closed, post your claim with a copy of the proof of benefit to Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust, Finance dept, PO Box 134, Southport PR8 6PN. Alternatively retain your claim for payment at your next appointment.

You can also claim for help with travel costs if:

• You are named on, or entitled to, an NHS tax credit exemption certificate (if you don’t have a certificate, you can show your award notice) – you qualify if you get child tax credits, working tax credits with a disability element (or both), and have income for tax credit purposes of £15,276 or less
    • You have a low income and are named on certificate HC2 (full help) or HC3 (limited help) – to apply for this certificate, you should complete form HC1, which is available from your local hospital, Jobcentre Plus offices, or the NHS print contract order line on 0300 123 0849

There is more information about help with health costs on the NHS website

Parking enforcement

UK Parking Control Ltd (UKPC) patrols our car parks to prevent thoughtless and dangerous parking. The company issues fixed penalty notices to drivers who, for example, park in Blue Badge spaces they are not entitled to, park on pavements and double yellow lines, or block access to essential clinical services and emergency services such as ambulances and fire engines.

All the income received from parking is used to improve a range of patient services provided by the Trust.

The Trust makes no money from penalty notice income which instead funds UKPC’s management costs.

I have been issued with a penalty notice. What should I do?

The Trust is unable to resolve appeals against fixed penalty notices. All information about appeals can be found on UK Parking Control penalty notice. In certain circumstance UKPC may contact the Trust for information before deciding whether or not to uphold the appeal.
    Further information about what to do if you appeal has been unsuccessful can be found at Popla, the Parking of Private Land Appeals service.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk

Your Comments:

3. thediscovolante says:11/11/2019 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by roving-eye View Post
    From Monday 11 November 2019 there are changes to parking charges at Southport and Ormskirk hospitals.

Parking is limited at both hospitals. Please use alternative methods of transport where possible. We have added extra spaces at Southport hospital but the car park remains very busy at peak periods. Please allow time to park when coming for your appointment.

Please note parking charges rise at both our hospitals from 11 November 2019.

Take a ticket when you arrive

You will be issued with a ticket on entering a car park which should be used to pay when you are ready to leave.
    Payments machines are available near the reception of both hospitals; opposite the duck pond car park, in the Spinal Unit and at the back of Southport hospital; and in the car park next to Wigan Road at Ormskirk hospital.
    The ticket payment machines are cash only. However, there are change machines at the main entrances to both hospitals which take bank cards.
    No payment is due for entering a barriered area for less than 20 minutes. Simply insert your ticket into the machine at the exit barrier and leave.
    At Southport car parks are situated along a one-way system around the main hospital building. At Ormskirk hospital there are two main car parks: one opposite the main hospital building and a second next to Wigan Road accessed using the road to Children’s A&E.
    Patient transport. At Southport, the patient transport reception centre is open from 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday). It faces the public telephones at reception. At Ormskirk, transport will be booked by staff at your clinic. If you need further help, either ask at the clinic or call extension 4311 from the main hospital reception.
    Wheelchairs. Wheelchairs are available in the hospital. You may, however, find it more convenient to bring your own.

Blue badge parking

There is paid car parking available at both our hospital sites with Blue Badge holder spaces near the main entrances. You must display your badge.

Scale of charges

0 to 20 minutes Free
    20 minutes to 1 hour £3
    1 to 2 hours £3.50
    2 to 3 hours £4
    3 to 4 hours £4.50
    4 to 6 hours £5.50
    More than 6 hours £6.50
    Discounts for frequent visitors

We offer passes to frequent visitors which give unlimited visits and may be renewed as many times as needed. They are:

• A £20 for a seven-day pass
    • A £50 for a three-month pass

A refundable £10 deposit is required for each. Apply at the General Office at either site on Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm or out of hours via the vending machines for weekly passes on each site.

Help with your travel costs

You can claim help with travel costs to hospital if you or your partner (including civil partner) receive any of the following benefits:

• Income Support
    • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
    • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
    • Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
    • You receive Universal Credit and meet the criteria

To make a claim for parking, you must fill in a patient claim form available from the clinic where you attended your appointment. Please take this form, plus proof of your benefit to the general/cash office.
    Claims should be made at the General Office. If it is closed, post your claim with a copy of the proof of benefit to Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust, Finance dept, PO Box 134, Southport PR8 6PN. Alternatively retain your claim for payment at your next appointment.
    You can also claim for help with travel costs if:

• You are named on, or entitled to, an NHS tax credit exemption certificate (if you don’t have a certificate, you can show your award notice) – you qualify if you get child tax credits, working tax credits with a disability element (or both), and have income for tax credit purposes of £15,276 or less
    • You have a low income and are named on certificate HC2 (full help) or HC3 (limited help) – to apply for this certificate, you should complete form HC1, which is available from your local hospital, Jobcentre Plus offices, or the NHS print contract order line on 0300 123 0849

There is more information about help with health costs on the NHS website

Parking enforcement

UK Parking Control Ltd (UKPC) patrols our car parks to prevent thoughtless and dangerous parking. The company issues fixed penalty notices to drivers who, for example, park in Blue Badge spaces they are not entitled to, park on pavements and double yellow lines, or block access to essential clinical services and emergency services such as ambulances and fire engines.
    All the income received from parking is used to improve a range of patient services provided by the Trust.
    The Trust makes no money from penalty notice income which instead funds UKPC’s management costs.

I have been issued with a penalty notice. What should I do?

The Trust is unable to resolve appeals against fixed penalty notices. All information about appeals can be found on UK Parking Control penalty notice. In certain circumstance UKPC may contact the Trust for information before deciding whether or not to uphold the appeal.
    Further information about what to do if you appeal has been unsuccessful can be found at Popla, the Parking of Private Land Appeals service.

i wouldnt worry about the car parking charges...be more worried that you are visiting a family member that goes in for a minor problem but only exits the hospital in a coffin....anybody else had a family member go for a couple of days treatment then exits to the undertakers...iv tried to get legal action after been lied to many times by doctors..the local solicitors dont want to act at the moment but enough people get together they cant ignore it

4. justbecause says:11/11/2019 06:08 PM
    Absolutely disgraceful, it really is time to act like the French, and start making our voices heard.

5. Likes steve, said, Taxi Driver liked this post
  6. steve says:11/11/2019 06:38 PM
    A disgrace. They can manage free parking in Scotland and Wales, why not here

7. Likes said, Taxi Driver liked this post
  8. said says:11/11/2019 09:54 PM
    Charging for parking at the Hospital is a disgusting way to make money! People do not CHOOSE to come to a hospital, and the reason why they are there is distressing enough without having to be ripped off at the car park!

Are staff allowed free parking? They should be. What if they have to attend in an emergency - 'Oh hang on for resuscitation, I have to get my parking ticket out' The idea is completely wrong!

Why was there housing allowed in that area when it was known that there was insufficient space for parking? Houses can be built in many places but car parking for the hospital cannot be put anywhere!

The hospital now serves a very wide area - few people live close enough to walk to it, and buses do not serve every area. Other hospitals run free parking areas - why not Southport?

9. Likes Taxi Driver liked this post
  10. MICK/GILLY says:12/11/2019 09:36 AM
    When they make these barriers I think they are obligated to make them safe so they won’t come down while the eye on them can see that there is anything under them, so they won’t come down on a person or car. Most car parks like this have a little bump to go over just before the barrier so cars have to navigate this while the barrier closes from the car in front.
    So if you let’s say got too close to the car in front and rolled over the bump while the car in front was going under the barrier the eye would see you and think you were a trailer or obstacle and not come down on you, in fact it would go up again.

I had a short stay in Southport hospital a few months ago, the treatment I received was second to none, the food was good and all staff were fantastic, I appeared there in my car and parked it for a few days at the far end of the car park and was assured by staff that it was ok and as I was staying they would let me out free ( one way or another ).
    It turned out that I was to be transferred to broad green and I organised a driver to take my car home for me. The driver appeared and I went to the car parking office with my driver and explained the situation and that I wanted my car out, the car park chap said I must pay the full daily rate (£5 odd ), I said that won’t do while my driver was fumbling in her purse for change saying I’ve got it here, I told her no you haven’t we will walk to AE where I was told there would be no charge as I was staying in and we started to walk off. By now the chap could see that we were not falling for the day charge and about to get others involved and quick as a flash he produced a ticket out of his pocket and said this will get you out, I told my driver that I had worked at the fairground too long to fall for his nonesense fiddle and we tried the ticket in the machine and it didn’t work, so I folded it up and stuffed it up the machine slot and rolled out behind another car safe in the knowledge that the barrier won’t come down while there is something under it, its probably a health and safety thing, imagine how many cars would have dints on top of them if these barriers did not have this feature.

11. abbeyroad says:13/11/2019 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justbecause View Post
    Absolutely disgraceful, it really is time to act like the French, and start making our voices heard.
    So what's changed in France then?

12. gsgsgs says:15/11/2019 03:13 PM
    I have a relative who works in the NHS, she pays for hospital parking directly from her salary with no guarantee of a space. She supports charges, all carpark maintenance comes from the income generated with any surplus going into the hospital already stretched budget, without charging for parking any maintenance would come out of the hospital budget.

13. SteveandLois says:18/11/2019 04:23 PM
    Went to the DGH today with my wife for an appointment,and my wife is unfortunately in a wheelchair at the present time,and noticed that the dropped kerbs,from the car park pavement onto the roads at the crossing areas are virtually non existent,as you have to keep lifting the front wheels up to negotiate the kerb at the drop downs,and most of the flagged pavement areas are also disgusting,with flagging being uneven at almost every step when pushing the wheelchair,making the person in the wheelchair feel very uncomfortable.And this situation has been like this now for many months,as nothing has been done to rectify these problems,and will be worse when the weather gets colder in the next few months or so....Wondering where the money from the parking charges are being spent,as there seems to be nothing spent on repairing these areas ? The only good thing about the visit today was the car parking barriers were both up at the Main Car Park,so we did'nt have to pay when visiting the hospital.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations